Saturday, September 14, 2013

MTC Vida é muito bom

Oi Família e Amigos!!!

This week at the MTC has been another great one! Tons of laughs and tears! 

Our district is seriously BEST friends. We laugh together so much! We have had a mini testimony meeting that really opened everyone up to each other, some show-and-tell with family pictures, lots of intense district sand volleyball matches, and amazing temple walks and trips together. WE talk about everything and learn lots of Portuguese! 

I did get a little sick this week because Sis Phillips had a cold, so I was bound to catch it. Sis Hansen also caught it so we were a sickly bunch for a few days. Now, we are all fine though!

I did have an awesome tender mercy though. I was in the choir again this week for the Tuesday devotional. We sang "Where Can I Turn for Peace?" It was beautiful. Our choir director gave us an awesome insight to the song. He said that it could be the conversation between an investigator and a missionary. How true, right?!" Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace? When other sources cease to make me whole..."

Anyway, my tender mercy happened while we were singing. I was pretty sick at the time (so probably shouldn't have been in the choir) and I had a sore throat. Basically, I knew that I was about to start coughing in the middle of the song. And if you know me, when I cough when I'm sick, it sounds like I am choking and dying. I knew that if I started coughing that I wouldn't be able to stop because I had no water with me or cough drops (poor planning I know now). Anyways, I was about to be so embarrassed because it was such a serious moment in the song, so I prayed so hard that I would not have to cough and would be able to sit through the whole meeting. It was a miracle to me because my coughing never stops and lets up, but this time it went away. I still had to gasp for air but I was able to sit through the meeting even though I struggled through most of it. Tender mercies are real and I love them!!!

Also, our investigators right now are Ricardo and Frederico. They accepted the invitation to be baptized, but they needed a lot of faith because their families were not supportive of them joining the church. However, we shared with them Ether 12-6 that talks about not receiving a witness until the trial of your faith. That really hit them. I love that scripture. So true.

Also, if you can find a video of Elder Bednar's devotional to the MTC called "Characters of Christ," I highly recommend watching it. It is one of the most inspiring talks I have ever heard. 
We also watched the Joseph Smith movie, and it is so powerful. I cried through the whole thing mostly. Sunday nights we get to watch church movies or talks so it is awesome! I love the MTC!

This past Saturday (when BYU played Texas i think- we could hear the announcer), we had a bad storm hit Provo. It was crazy! Sister Phillips LOVES storms though! She wants to be a storm chaser or a meteorologist-- basically, she's crazy :P but I love her!

I have also seen Hannah Ruiz & McKenna Smith from PV and Bradley Swisher from home! Elder Swisher found me at the devotional somehow I don't know because there are soooo many people there. It is so fun to see missionaries that I know here!

My spiritual thought for the week is two scriptures that Elder Foell (we joke that he looks like Blake Griffin from the Clippers) showed us. D&C 1:23-24 " That the afulness of my bgospel might be cproclaimed by thedweak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before ekingsand frulers.
 24 Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these acommandmentsare of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their blanguage, that they might come tocunderstanding." and Ether12:27 "27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them." 
I love you all so much! Keep writing! I love hearing little updates about your lives! 

Love, 
Sister Bledsoe 

Funny things about this week: 
-The elders in my district told me about "bronies" aka "bros/brothers" who watch "my Little Pony" hahah
-words like novamente or obivmente(obviously-OB-VEE-MEN-CHE) are pronounced with a "che" sound at the end instead of "te" so that is fun to say!
-Elder Carmon has the best Shmeagl voice EVER. Elder Ditlevsen is on a diet at the MTC- living on cottage cheese, rice, and pineapple. Elder Foell used to have an afro so he looked like Elf/Napoleon Dynamite. Elder Fernadnez LOVES cats (he is also fluent in Spanish so he has a serious advantage at Portuguese). Elder Kraudy is AMAZING at the piano- his version of "If you Could Hie to Kolob" could make anyone cry. 
-I find myself singing to "Called to Serve" in Portuguese all the time








No comments:

Post a Comment