Wednesday, January 1, 2014

O Come All Ye Faithful


Merry Christmas! I look forward to being able to Skype with the fam and Elissa so I hope that all works out :) Also happy anniversary to mom and dad!
The work is working here. We have had a lot of less active lessons this week. It is amazing to be able to feel the Spirit with members that have not felt it in awhile. They have such strong faith but they just need love. It is awesome to be able to invite the Spirit of love into their homes.
This week I have been very blessed to be able to see so many small miracles. One happened yesterday at church.  

Levinia came with her entire family to church! She stayed for all 3 hours like she always does when she comes, but her boyfriend Nate came! He has only been to church one other time in years. Anyway, at the end of sunday school, Sister Askren wanted to go to 3rd ward sacrament meeting and I wanted to stay with Levinia in 2nd ward relief society. We ended up going to 3rd ward sacrament meeting to see their Christmas program. We sat down for about one verse of the song that they were singing, and then Sister Askren turned to me and said," Do we both feel wretched?" I said yes and we left to go back to relief society to sit with Levinia. I sat right next to her and the lesson was great. At the end we sang me favorite christmas carol "O Come All Ye Faithful" and I teared up. Levinia noticed and asked me if I was okay after the closing prayer. We started a great conversation about the Spirit and just life in general. I was filled with love for her and we had a very nice moment talking about the things that matter most and how she has been feeling lately. I really needed that moment to feel that charity and peace. I would have missed that if I had not followed the prompting to go back and be with Levinia. I am grateful for tender mercies everyday. They help me see that the Lord's hand is truly in this work.
Also this week was the mission christmas party. We had a nice meeting as President and Sister Batt spoke to us. It was one half of the mission so we got to see a lot of sisters--which we only see during exchanges and zone conferences since there are no other sisters in our zone. It was bittersweet because I said goodbye to my first STL in the field. She is going home and I will miss her. She had a huge impact on me, so I will forever be grateful for her example.
The Christmas party ended with minute-to-win-it games and we got presents from the mission. We will open them on Christmas day.

This week I also had to study about patience a lot--especially because I think about Brazil like everyday when I learn Portuguese. Anyway, I have been reading in 3 Nephi 1 about Christ's coming and his counsel to Nephi to be at peace. I needed peace because I was struggling with being anxious. I read in PMG in ch 6 about the Christlike attribute of patience. It says, "Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated or anxious. It is the ability to do God's will and accept his timing...You must be patient with all people, including yourself, as you work to overcome faults and weaknesses." I also love Mosiah 23:21 and 24:12-15 --Read them they are great!
Also a good quote for the week: God is perfect; thus, He cannot have more children than he can take care of.
Love you all! You are amazing!
-Sister Bledsoe
funny letters from the faith in god girls



The Faith in God girls wrote us letters as thanks for our help with one of their activities! This is one of my favorites :D

Whatup!!! I totally won the competition of sisters in tying "tornadoe" knot ties five ties in one minute!  Not too pretty and one of them I couldn't loosen, but hey!  It was awesome.  When we got home I taught myself the double windsor knot that one of the elders showed us a week before.  The Lord blesses His servants with silly talents :D

The brown boxes are unwrapped presents from the mission home, they had a load of stuff in there!  It was awesome.

I love snowflakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment